Dedicated to striving towards excellence in our Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) programs, MoGas Pipeline LLC views HSE as a fundamental core value. Aiming to achieve the safe uninterrupted supply of natural gas throughout eastern Missouri and southwestern Illinois, all operations are managed in a manner that protects the environment, health and safety of employees, contractors, and the public, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Public awareness is a critical component of our overall safety program. Our goal is to provide safe, reliable gas transmission service and ensure the safety of people living and/or working near our natural gas pipelines. Every employee of the Company is committed to fulfilling our public awareness responsibilities as described in this Public Awareness Program.
The objectives of MoGas' Public Awareness Program are:
- To increase the stakeholder audience's awareness of the presence of buried natural gas transmission pipelines in the counties the Company operates, thereby reducing the likelihood and magnitude of pipeline accidents.
- To inform the public that pipelines are a relatively common and safe mode of transportation, the Company completes routine maintenance and monitors the pipeline system 24 hours a day, and the Company anticipates and plans for a variety of factors to help prevent pipeline accidents.
- To educate the stakeholder audiences on methods of detecting a natural gas leak, how to recognize the odor of natural gas, and what immediate actions should be taken if they suspect a possible gas leak, including how to report the event.
- To help the appropriate emergency response agencies understand the proper actions to take in response to a pipeline accident.
- To explain the importance of a One Call System in helping excavators prevent third party damage and respond properly if they cause damage to the Company's pipelines.
- To comply with the regulatory requirements set forth in 49 CFR §192.616, and by incorporation API Recommend Practice 1162, to implement, maintain, and evaluate a Public Awareness Program.